Motorcycle Dashcam DrivePro™ 20
1. Package Contents
The DrivePro 20 dashcam package includes the following items:
- DrivePro 20
- Camera holder
- Adhesive mounting base
- 32GB microSD card
- Quick Start Guide
- micro USB to USB Type-A power cable
2. System Requirements
Desktop or Notebook computer together with a microSD card reader or an adapter. DrivePro Toolbox supports the following operating systems:
- Windows® 10
- macOS 10.11 or later
System requirements for using DrivePro App on a mobile device:
3. Getting Started
|① Power Button||④ Lens||⑦ micro USB Port|
|② LED Indicator||⑤ microSD Card Slot||⑧ Protective Case|
|③ Microphone||⑥ Reset Button||⑨ Lanyard Hole|
3-2 Inserting a microSD Memory Card
A microSD memory card is required before recording. Please use a microSD memory card with 32GB, 64GB, 128GB or 256GB capacity (Class 10 or above).
- Rotate protective case anti-clockwise until loose.
- Insert a microSD memory card into the appropriate card slot.
- To remove, push to remove the memory card out of the slot.
- Always format new memory cards in the DrivePro before using them for the first time. Formatting will erase all data on the memory card.
- Make sure the allocation Unit Size of the microSD card is 32 KB or larger; if not, the DrivePro may not work properly.
- Do not remove the memory card during a shutdown to avoid damages to the memory card and loss of recorded videos. DrivePro 20 can support FAT32 and exFAT file format, but not NTFS.
The following table shows approximate recording time according to capacity and resolution (for reference only):
|Frame Rate \ Capacity||32GB||64GB||128GB||256GB|
|Full HD 1080P 60 fps||2.5 hr||5 hr||10.5 hr||22 hr|
|Full HD 1080P 30 fps||3.5 hr||7 hr||14 hr||29 hr|
|HD 720P 60fps||5.5 hr||11 hr||21.5 hr||45 hr|
|HD 720P 30fps||8.5 hr||17 hr||34.5 hr||70 hr|
3-3 Mounting the DrivePro
- Installation surface should first be cleaned and dried so 3M adhesive pad can be firmly attached. Avoid uneven surfaces.
- Allow at least 24 hours for the mount to properly adhere to the surface.
- To separate mount and holder, press the holder and push it forward.
- The arrow symbol on the camera holder should point towards the lens.
- Rotate protective case anti-clockwise until loose.
- Connect micro USB end of the USB power cable to the device and the Type-A end to a charging device with 5V power output.
- LED light will turn solid orange while charging, and turn off automatically when fully charged.
- The ideal temperature for charging is 10°C-40°C and the output power supply of DC 5V/2A.
|Turn on/off dashcam||Long press Power Button for 3 seconds||Vibration-short|
|Turn on/off Wi-Fi||Press Power Button once||Vibration-short|
|Reset to default||In recording mode, long press Power Button for 10 seconds||Vibration-long|
|Low battery||--||Vibrate twice every 30 seconds|
|Disk error||--||Vibrate twice every 5 s and turn off after 180 seconds|
3-6 LED Indicator
|Flashing quickly||Emergency Recording/Formatting|
|Flashing quickly twice every interval||Low Battery|
|Solid||Power Saving Mode/Disk Error/Connecting to Computer|
|Blue||Flashing||Recording and Wi-Fi On|
All files will be deleted when the dashcam is reset to default.
4. Recording Videos
4-1 Normal Recording
By default, one video file is saved for every 1 minute of recording. To adjust the recording length, please refer to the Settings section in this manual. When DrivePro 20 is fully charged, recording in 1080/60fps can last for 2.5 hours, while recording in 1080/30fps can last 3 hours. The actual recording time differs according to the recording condition.
When the DrivePro is idle for 5 minutes, power saving mode will be activated. The DrivePro will be turned off automatically after another 5 minutes.
- DrivePro 20 has loop recording function. The earliest videos will be overwritten by new footage.
4-2 Emergency Recording
30% of the storage space will be saved for emergency video files. Video files recorded in emergency mode are protected from being overwritten.
Automatic Emergency Recording:
During video recording, the DrivePro will automatically activate Emergency Recording mode when detecting a collision. G-Sensor sensitivity can be adjusted or disabled in the Settings menu.
- If the G-Sensor sensitivity is set to “High”, even minor shocks will activate Emergency Recording mode.
- If the G-Sensor sensitivity is set to “Low”, only significant shocks will activate Emergency Recording mode.
- In the Power Saving Mode, recording is off.
5. Using the DrivePro App
5-1 Connecting to DrivePro App
After downloading and installing the DrivePro App from the Google Play or App Store,
- Tap Settings > Wi-Fi from your mobile device.
- Select the Wi-Fi network with DP 20 in the SSID. (password is 12345678)
- Tap the DrivePro icon on the home screen of your mobile device to use the App.
- Click the links below for detailed operation guidance.
5-2 App Settings
In the Settings, modify video and device configurations.
|Resolution||Set the resolution/quality for video recording.|
|1080P 60fps(FHD) (default) / 1080P 30fps(FHD) / 720P 60fps(HD) / 720P 30 fps(HD)|
|Exposure Value||Adjust exposure composition value to lighten or darken the preview screen.|
|+2.0 / +1.5 / +1.0 / +0.5 / 0 (default) / -0.5 / -1.0 / -1.5 / -2.0|
|Microphone||Turn on/off the microphone during video recording.|
|Disable (default) / Enable|
|Video Length||Set the recording length of each recorded video file.|
|1 min (default) / 3 mins / 5 mins|
|Light Frequency||Select the appropriate frequency to avoid flashing A/C light.|
|50Hz (default) / 60Hz|
|Video Stamp||Display the current time of the video being recorded.|
|Disable / Enable (default)|
|Date / Time Format||Set the current date, time, format and time zone.|
|G-Sensor||Adjust the sensitivity of the G-Sensor.|
|Disable / Low (default) / Medium / High|
|SSID||Set Wi-Fi name|
|Password||Set Wi-Fi password|
|Power Management||Turn on/off the power saving mode. If no vibration is detected in 10 minutes, the dashcam will turn off automatically.|
|Disable / Enable (default)|
|Noise Cancellation||Reduce wind noise when wind strikes the surface of the microphone.|
|Disable / Enable (default)|
|Time Synchronized||Synchronize the DrivePro’s system time to that of your smart device’s.|
|Memory Capacity||Check the capacity of the microSD card.|
|Format Card||Format the microSD memory card.|
|Upgrade Firmware||Keep your DrivePro up-to-date with the latest version downloaded from the Transcend website.https://www.transcend-info.com/Support/service.|
The firmware upgrade will take about 1-2 minutes. Please do not turn off the DrivePro while upgrading. The DrivePro will restart automatically after the upgrade is completed.
NEVER remove the power cord or the microSD memory card while the firmware is being upgraded. If the DrivePro cannot be turned on due to firmware upgrade failure, please contact Transcend customer service for technical support.
6. Using the DrivePro Toolbox
- Download the installation files from https://www.transcend-info.com/Support/Software-180/
- Install DrivePro Toolbox software on your computer.
6-1 Toolbox Interface & Operation
6-1-2 Import Files and Review Snapshots (A)
When connecting the DrivePro to a Windows computer, the DrivePro Toolbox will automatically ask users whether to import the videos in the DrivePro.
② Sort videos by recording dates, either from old to new or new to old.
③ Select **Date** to broadcast the videos recorded on a specific day.
④ Select **Group**, the videos will be grouped by recording date.
6-1-3 Video Editing, Snapshots, and Tools (B)
||Snapshot||Capture and save the snapshots in the video|
||Trim||Trim your video|
||Sound||Turn on/off the sound|
||Full Screen||Play video in full screen|
6-1-4 Video Trimming
Step 1: Enable clip mode
Step 2: Specify the beginning of video clip
Step 3: Specify the end of video clip
Step 4: Save the video clip
6-1-5 Preference Settings (C)
Tap Preference to change the saving routes of the videos/photos and the language settings.
6-2 Transferring Files To A Computer
Take the microSD memory card out of the DrivePro, and insert it into a compatible card reader to transfer files to a computer.
- Insert the microSD memory card into the DrivePro.
- Plug the small end of a USB cable into the USB port located on the right-hand side of the DrivePro.
- Plug the large end of the cable into an available USB port on your computer. The DrivePro will display the following screen when connected to a computer.
- DrivePro 20 package contains a USB cable.
- To prevent data loss, always follow the proper removal procedures when disconnecting the DrivePro from your computer.
- When the DrivePro is connected to a computer, it can only be used for transferring files. The DrivePro’s features are not available at this time. Please disconnect your DrivePro from the computer to resume normal function.
- NEVER use the “format” or “initialize disk” function while the DrivePro is connected to your computer, even if prompted to do so.
If a problem occurs with your DrivePro, please first check the instructions listed below before sending your DrivePro for repair. If you cannot find an ideal solution to your question below, please consult your dealer, service center, or local Transcend branch office for further help. You can also visit the Transcend website for FAQ and Technical Support services (https://www.transcend-info.com/Support). For any hardware issues, please refer to the DrivePro User’s Manual.
My computer operating system cannot detect my DrivePro
Please check the followings: 1. Is your DrivePro properly connected to the USB port? If not, unplug and connect it again. Make sure that both ends of the USB cables are properly connected as shown in the User’s Manual. 2. Is your DrivePro connected to the Mac keyboard? If yes, try to plug it in an available USB port on your Mac Desktop directly. 3. Is the computer’s USB ports enabled? If not, refer to the user’s manual of your computer (or motherboard) to enable them.
None of the DrivePro buttons are responding (hangs / lags / stalls) Try unplugging the car adapter from your DrivePro, and reconnecting it to your DrivePro again.
8. Safety Cautions
These usage and safety guidelines are IMPORTANT! Please follow them carefully to ensure your own personal safety, and help protect your DrivePro from potential damages.
1. General use
- For your safety, do not operate the DrivePro, or use the DrivePro App while driving.
- Avoid placing the DrivePro in an extreme temperature environment.
- Do not use the DrivePro in an environment with strong magnetic fields or excessive vibration.
- Only use the adapter provided by Transcend. Other car adapters may not compatible with the DrivePro.
2. Mounting location
- Never place the DrivePro where the driver’s view is obstructed.
3. Data backup
- Transcend does NOT take any responsibility for data loss or damage during operation. We strongly advise that you regularly back up data in your memory card to a computer or other storage medium.
- To ensure high-speed USB 2.0 data transfer rates when connecting your DrivePro to a computer, please check if the computer is installed with correct USB drivers. If you are not sure how to check this, please refer to the User’s Manual of the computer or motherboard for USB driver information.
4. IP (Ingress Protection) 68 rating
- DrivePro 20 is backed by an international standard rating of IP68, able to withstand dust, dirt, splash or spray. Its protection against intrusions of solid objects/liquid does not mean invincible. The protection level may decrease as the device is used. Damages caused by a liquid are not covered in the warranty service.
- Do not immerse DrivePro 20 in water or use it in a high-humidity environment.
- Do not use DrivePro 20 in high-temperature, high-humidity environments, such as SPA, sauna, steam room, or shower room.
- Make sure the charging cable is dry before charging.
- Malfunctions or damages due to improper usage are not covered by the limited warranty service.
DrivePro 20 is not resistant to liquid when the protective case is not tightened.
|Dimensions||90.2mm x 30mm x 30mm|
|Memory Card Supported||microSD, 32GB/64GB/128GB/256GB memory card (Class 10 or above)|
|Lens||F/2.8, 140° (diagonal)|
|Video Formats||MP4 (H.264: up to 1920x1080 60fps)|
|Resolution / Frame Rate||Full HD (1920 x 1080) 30/60fps
HD (1280 x 720) 30/60fps
|Operating Temperature||-10°C (14°F) ~ 60°C (140°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-30°C(-22°F) ~ 70°C (158°F)|
|Battery||Li-Polymer 1140mAh (2.5 hr)|
|Power Supply||Input DC5V / 2A|
|Certification||CE, FCC, BSMI, KC, NCC, MIC, EAC, RCM, UKCA|
In addition to the bundled microSD card, we recommend Transcend’s High Endurance microSD cards or MLC-based memory cards to ensure the best recording performance.
● 32GB/64GB High Endurance microSDHC card (TS32GUSDHC10V/TS64GUSDXC10V)
● 64GB/128/256GB High Endurance microSDXC 350V card (TS64GUSD350V/TS128GUSD350V/TS256GUSD350V)
10. Legal Compliance
10-1 EU Compliance Statement
Transcend Information hereby declares that all CE marked Transcend products incorporating radio equipment functionality are in compliance with Directive 2014/53/EU.
The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: www.transcend-info.com/eu_compliance
10-2 Recycling & Environmental Protection
Recycling the Product (WEEE): Your product is designed and manufactured with high quality materials and components, which can be recycled and reused. When you see the crossed-out wheel bin symbol attached to a product, it means that the product is covered by the European Directive 2002/96/EC: Never dispose of your product with other household waste. Please inform yourself about the local rules on the separate collection of electrical and electronic products. The correct disposal of your old product helps prevent potentially negative consequences on the environment and human health.
Battery Disposal: Your product contains a built-in rechargeable battery covered by the European Directive 2006/66/EC, which cannot be disposed of with normal household waste. Please inform yourself about the local rules on the separate collection of batteries. The correct disposal of batteries helps prevent potentially negative consequences on the environment and human health. For products with non-exchangeable built-in batteries: The removal of (or the attempt to remove) the battery invalidates the warranty. This procedure is only to be performed at the end of the product’s life.
CAUTION RISK OF EXPLOSION IF BATTERY IS REPLACED BY AN INCORRECT TYPE. DISPOSE OF USED BATTERIES ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTIONS.
10-3 Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Statement
This device complies with Part 15 FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference. (2) This device must accept any interference received including interference that may cause undesired operation. This Equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
RF Exposure Statement: This equipment complies with FCC RF radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with a minimum distance of 5mm between the radiator and your body. You are cautioned that changes or modifications not expressly approved by the part responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. This Transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
10-4 Two-Year Limited Warranty
Please visit www.transcend-info.com/warranty to view the Transcend Warranty Policy. By using the product, you agree that you accept the terms of the Transcend Warranty Policy, which may be amended from time to time.
10-5 GNU General Public License (GPL) Disclosure
Firmware incorporated into this product and/or software used for this product may include third party copyrighted software pursuant to the license terms specified as below (“Licensed Software” defined as follows),
- GNU General Public License (GPL), the terms of which is currently available at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
- GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL), the terms of which is currently available at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html ; and/or
- Code Project Open License (CPOL), the terms of which is currently available at http://www.codeproject.com/info/cpol10.aspx
In accordance with the such license terms, if applicable: 1) the source code for the Licensed Software may be downloaded at no charge or obtained on CD for a nominal charge by calling Customer Support within three (3) years of the date of purchase; 2) you may copy, re-distribute and/or modify the Licensed Software under the terms of the above license terms or any later version; 3) the Licensed Software is distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, without even implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Licensed Software is with you. Transcend does not provide any support for the Licensed Software. The above license terms will control solely with respect to the open source components. In the event that this manual conflicts with the requirements of the above one or more terms with respect to the use of the corresponding open source components, Customer agrees to be bound by such one or more license terms.
10-6 End-User License Agreement (EULA)